LUNAFEST, the fundraising film festival dedicated to promoting awareness of women's issues will take place in Seattle on Tuesday, April 15th at 415 Westlake on South Lake Union. This unique festival will highlight women leaders in society through the screening of nine short films produced by women filmmakers. The films range from animation to fictional drama and cover a variety of topics including women's health, motherhood, body image, aging, cultural diversity and breaking through barriers. Guests will enjoy popcorn provided by Yelp Seattle, refreshments from Po Dog and Grims, plus beer provided by Hilliards. Guests will also be able to get glam on site with blowouts by Gene Juarez and take home a LUNAFEST swag bag. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Breast Cancer Fund and REEL Grrls. To date, LUNAFEST, created by LUNA, has raised over $785,000 to support the work of various women-focused non-profits. Tickets to the event are $20.
When: Tuesday, April 15th from 6-8:30pm
Where: 415 Westlake Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98109
Tickets: $20 available via Eventbrite
LUNAFEST featured films include:
- Date with Fate (Filmmaker: Venetia Taylor)
- First Match (Filmmaker: Olivia Newman)
- Flying Anne (Filmmaker: Catherine van Campen)
- Granny's Got Game (Filmmaker: Angela Alford)
- Maria of Many (Filmmaker: Alexandra Liveris)
- Running Dry (Filmmaker: Dimitra Nikolopoulou)
- Sidewalk (Filmmaker: Celia Bullwinkel)
- Sounds Shadows (Filmmaker: Julie Engaas)
- Tiny Mini Magic (Filmmaker: Danielle Lurie)
For event updates and more information about the event visit LUNAFEST.org.