Apr 30, 2013
Rosaline Hampton Seasonal Style Notes & Event Recap
Last Thursday Rosaline Hampton hosted a special beauty and fashion event in Bellevue focusing on Spring/Summer trends in hair, make-up and wardrobe. Guests sipped on champagne while sampling Lady Yum desserts including decadent macaroons and sparkly sugar cookies. The overview of trends included a discussion about the seasonal color palette and how to work it into your existing wardrobe, a summary of hair trends (flowy, wash and wear hair is the "look" this season), make-up trends (colorful eyes, lips and cheeks, but not all at the same time), and insight on how to wear stripes (break them up by adding a jacket if you wear them on top). The event also included hair consultations, custom wardrobe styling tips and swag bags filled with must-have hair and make-up products for the season including the coveted Davines Sea Salt primer spray, a sheer blush by Senna cosmetics and Make-Up Geek's signature Gel eyeliner in "Fame", a beautiful aqua blue.
Takeaway tips from the evening:
1) Invest in a water filter for your shower- Chemicals and chlorine in tap water can strip color and shine from your hair. (Rosaline Hampton Salon offers a Davines detox treatment to restore lackluster locks. It literally pulls out toxins from inside the hair shaft. Add it on to your next service.)
2) Don't be afraid to experiment with this season's bright colors for eyes and lips. If you love the look of bold lips but aren't quite ready to take the plunge, try a bright lip gloss instead. To brighten eyes and add an unexpected pop of color, try an aqua or navy eyeliner on the top or bottom lash line.
3) If you have oily skin, try a powder illuminator in lieu of a liquid highlighter. Dry skin? Do the opposite.
4) Find ways to incorporate your favorite fashion trends in the form of accessories. Love mini floral prints? Stripes? Find those items in accessories like bracelets or a pair of shoes. There's always a way to wear your favorite fashion trends even if it's in small doses.
5) If you're stuck in a fashion rut, break out by flipping it. For example, if you normally gravitate toward wearing bright colors on top and dark colors on the bottom, flip it by wearing bright colors on the bottom and dark colors on top. Love prints and patterns but find yourself only wearing them on top? Flex your fashion muscles for spring and seek out dresses and skirts in your favorite prints and patterns. You'll have fun experimenting with this fashion challenge and find new ways to play with your favorite fashion trends.
The Trend Event also served as a fundraiser for Rosaline Hampton's Fashion Camp which will take place July 10-13th in Bellevue. Fashion Camp is a non-profit organization designed to help at-risk teens build confidence and overcome adversity while exploring the art of hair, make-up, fitness and fashion. During the 4-day event, teens participate in a variety of workshops led by inspirational style mentors. More info at rhfashioncamp.com.