Navigating the style scene is easy when you know where to shop. Here's the inside scoop on Seattle's best designers, boutiques and e-commerce sites. Whether you're a tourist, a local or newbie to the Emerald City we hope you'll discover a hidden gem in our Seattle fashion directory. Happy Shopping!
- The Finerie -Opened in September of 2006, The Finerie offers sophisticated style for men and women. Brands carried include Abi Ferrin, Yoana Baraschi, Tina Casmose, Abigail Glaum-Lathbury, Von Vonni and Elijah. Owners Tanya and Michael host regular trunk show and in-store events so be sure to visit their blog for details. The Finerie is located in Downtown Seattle near the Seattle Art Museum at 1215 First Ave. Seattle, WA 98101. Follow on Twitter @TheFinerie.
- Sway & Cake -Shop this friendly downtown boutique to find trendy apparel, accessories, shoes and handbags. Seattle fashion mavens hang out at Sway to shop, dish about their love lives, swap the latest gossip, or simply hang out in what feels like their best friends fabulous closet. Featured brands include Current Elliot, Yosi Samra, Vitamin A, Goddis and more. Sway & Cake is located downtown across from Pacific Place at 1631 Sixth Ave. Seattle, WA 98101. Follow on Twitter @SwayandCake.
- La Ree -Bellevue's La Ree boutique brings high fashion to the Eastside. Owner Rachael Nov regularly stocks labels like Alexander Wang, Isabel Marant, Helmut Lang, Joseph and jewelry by local designer Jamie Joseph. Check out La Ree on the runway at this year's Fashion First show featuring Seattle' best independent designers and boutiques. La Ree is located just off Main street at 11 103rd Ave. N.E. Bellevue, WA 98004. Follow on Twitter @LaReeBoutique.
- Horseshoe -Located in Ballard, Horseshoe boutique prides itself on providing clients with "down home" customer service. Originally from Denver, owner Jill Andersen regularly stocks women’s apparel and accessories from a variety of contemporary brands including Kensie, Prairie Underground, Suzabelle, Three Dots, Scrapbook and Saint Grace. Find out what's in stock now by visiting the store blog. Horseshoe is located at 5344 Ballard Ave. N.W. Seattle, WA 98107. Follow on Twitter @ShopHorseshoe.
- Canopy Blue -With powder blue walls and St. Bart's decor, Madison Valley's Canopy Blue boutique is a whimsical fashion getaway in the city. The stock list includes Diane von Furstenberg, Adriano Goldschmied, Rebecca Taylor, Suzabelle, Theory, Tory Burch, Trina Turk and more. Canopy Blue is located at 3121 E. Madison St. Suite #103, Seattle, WA 98112. Follow on Twitter @Canopy_Blue.
- Opal -With 3 locations in the Greater Seattle area there's bound to be an Opal boutique near you. The first Opal store opened in Redmond in 2006 followed by locations in Downtown Seattle and Mill Creek. Owner Shannen Wyman, a former Seattle Seahawks cheerleader, chose the name of her store based on her birthstone. Brands carried include Theory, Michael Stars, Hale Bob, True Religion and Kazia Digo, a jewelry line designed by Wyman herself. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is laid-back and pressure free. Find a location near you and follow on Twitter @opalboutiques.
- Alhambra -Alhambra has been serving the Seattle market for over two decades providing clients with women's apparel and accessories from brands like Gary Graham, Nicole Miller, Tucker by Gaby Basora, Raquel Allegra, Dana Kellin and Rebecca Lankford. Located at 101 Pine Street, Alhambra is located across from the historic Pike Place Market in Downtown Seattle. Follow on Twitter @AlhambraStyle.
Totokaelo -Totokaelo derives from toto caelo, a Latin phrase that means "reaching to the edge of the stars." It's a fitting theme for the store and online community that began in 2003. Rather than paying attention to what others say is "in" owner Jill Wenger believe in building a tightly curated wardrobe that is reflective of personality and lifestyle. Totokaelo's goal is to source the strongest artists and thinkers in the fashion world today and bring them direct to Seattle.Totokaelo recently moved from it's downtown location into a new space on Capitol Hill at 1523 10th Ave. Seattle, WA 98122. Follow on Twitter @Totokaelo.
- Ragamoffyn's -Owner Gisela Manning has been doing designer consignment since 1982 at her store Ragamoffyn’s located in Kirkland. You'll find apparel, accessories and shoes from brands like Prada, Gucci, Chanel and Christian Dior when you peruse the racks for hidden gems. Ragamoffyn's is located at 132 Park Lane, Kirkland, WA 98033.
- Sell your Sole -Belltown's Sell your Sole designer consignment boutique opened earlier this year and has been pushing designer merchandise to the masses at a fraction of the original retail price. The merchandise mix varies from season to season but owner Natalia Biner strives to maintain a fresh mix of apparel and accessories from brands like Dolce Vita, Jeffrey Campell, Alice + Olivia, D&G, Marc Jacobs and Gucci. Sell your Sole is located at 2121 First Ave. Suite #101, Seattle, WA 98121. Follow on Twitter for a daily dose of new merchandise @SellyourSoleWA.
- David Lawrence -David Lawrence has been a Seattle fashion destination for over two decades. Featuring designer brands for men and women including Versace, DSquared2, Just Cavalli and Diesel Black Gold, David Lawrence also allocates adequate shelf space to support local brands and designers including Anne Sylvain, Lila Getty and Rock Star Jewelry. David Lawrence is located at The Bravern on Level 3. Follow the fashion conversation on Twitter @DavidLawrenceCo.
- Butch Blum -Located in Downtown Seattle, Butch Blum has been wardrobing stylish Seattleites since 1974. Inside the store you'll find sleek visual merchandising to highlight designer brands including Giorgio Armani, Blumarine, John Varvatos and Moschino. This upscale Seattle boutique even offers complimentary local delivery. Butch Blum is located downtown at 1408 Fifth Ave. Seattle, WA 98101. Follow on Twitter @ButchBlum.
- Marios -The story of Mario's dates back to 1960 when Mario Sr. opened his first menswear store in Portland's Lloyd Center. This is when Mario Jr. began working for his father doing everything from sweeping the floors to selling. Fast forward to 1982 when Mario Jr. opened a Seattle Mario's store on sixth avenue stocking apparel and accessories for men and women. The rest is history and Mario's has been outfitting the stylish residents and local celebs of the Pacific Northwest ever since. The stock list includes Alexander McQueen, Nina Ricci, Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Lanvin and many more. Mario's is located at 1513 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101. Follow the style conversation on Twitter and be the first to hear about special in-store events @StyleMarios.
store blog. Karan Dannenberg is located at 2232 First Ave. Seattle, WA 98121. Follow on Twitter @KaranDannenberg.
- Luly Yang -Seattle-based designer Luly Yang has been creating couture gowns for over a decade. In addition to her store on Fourth Avenue, Luly opened a second store in Beijing in 2008. Her client list includes entertainers, politicians and the fashion elite from all over the globe. Visit the Seattle showroom at 1218 Fourth Ave. Seattle, WA 98101. Follow on Twitter @LulyYangCouture.
- Mercer -With locations in Sammamish and University Village, Mercer offers women's apparel and accessories from brands like Paige Premium Denim, Cynthia Vincent, J Brand, Seaton, Monroe, Tart and Citizens of Humanity. They even offer a VIP loyalty program for regular clients. Find a location near you at Mercerstore.com.
- Show Pony -
Fremont-based boutique Show Pony is both chic and eclectic offering women a wide range of apparel, accessories, jewelry, shoes and gifts. Featured brands include Revival Ink, Prairie Underground, Eric Michael, Daly Bird and Aubrey Summers. In addition to regular merchandise Show Pony also has an in-house consignment boutique for shoppers to pursue the "thrill of the chase". Show Pony is located at 702 N. 35th St. Seattle, WA 98103. Follow on Twitter @ShowPonySeattle.
- Madina Vadache -
Originally from Russia, couture designer Madina Vadache moved to America and opened her own store in Bellevue in the 1990’s. Madina Vadache is devoted to celebrating the art of fashion and offers sophisticated women’s apparel in a variety of categories including evening and bridal wear. Madina Vadache is located at 989 112th Ave. N.E. #201, Bellevue, WA 98004. Follow on Twitter @MadinaVadache.
- Vian Hunter -
Seattle designer Lisa Hunter made her debut on reality tv earlier this year as a contestant on NBC's Fashion Star. Her signature design piece is the "little black dress" which she creates using luxurious fabrics and vintage silhouettes. Her entire line is made in the U.S.A. and is sold through her boutique, Vian Hunter House of Fashion located in Madison Valley. Stop by to see the collection and meet the designer in person. Vian Hunter is located at 2814 E. Madison St. Seattle, WA 98112. Follow Lisa on Twitter @LisaVianHunter.
- Olivine Atelier -
Voted one of the 10 best boutiques in the country by MSN, Olivine Atelier carries clothing, accessories and shoes for women who love fashion and art. The e-commerce boutique regularly stocks brands like Suzabelle, Prairie Underground, Seaworthy, SheShe and Baggu. Seattle shoppers can qualify for free same-day delivery on orders over $250. (For smaller purchases the same-day delivery fee is $15.) Owner Julie Wray also offers a online-based 4-week "Charm School" to inspire other women to take their entrepreneurial ideas to the next level by starting their own business. Follow on Twitter @_Olivine.
- Blue Luna -
Blue Luna offers women on the Eastside contemporary apparel straight off the runways of Paris, Milan and Barcelona. Featured designers include Cop.Copine, Sunlight and Isabel de Pedro. Check out Blue Luna on the runway at this year's Fashion First show taking place in Seattle on September 13th. Blue Luna is located in Bellevue at 10619 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98004. Follow on Twitter @BlueLunaFashion.
When Jennifer Hudson wowed Sarah Jessica Parker with her patchwork Louis Vuitton rental in the first Sex & The City movie, Bag Borrow or Steal became a household name. Located in Seattle, the designer handbag, accessory and jewelry rental site brings luxury fashion to the masses. 100% of the items on the site are verified for authenticity and the site regularly stocks on-trend pieces from designers like Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Chloe, Louis Vuitton and Tory Burch. Bag Borrow or Steal offers free standard shipping and includes damage insurance in the price of each rental. Follow on Twitter @BagBorrowSteal.
- Blue Nile -
Founded in 1999, Seattle-based Blue Nile has grown to become the largest online retailer of certified diamonds and fine jewelry. Blue Nile offers high quality diamonds certified by the most respected independent diamond grading labs in the world. On their site you'll find engagement and wedding rings, jewelry, gifts and even the ability to design your own custom jewelry. Every order is shipped free, guaranteed and returnable within 30 days. Follow on Twitter @BlueNileDiamond
Baby & Co. -
Baby & Co. opened it's doors in 1978 as the brainchild of Baby and Uri Burstyn. Known for carrying fashion forward brands before they hit the mainstream, Baby & Co. stocks brands like Bellerose, Faliero Sarti, Elemente Clemente, and more. Current owners Jill & Wayne Donnelly use the streets of Paris, Copenhagen and other fashion capitals around the globe to search for trailblazing designers whose commitment to quality and creativity match their own. Baby & Co. is located at 1936 First Ave. Seattle, WA 98101. Follow on Twitter @ShopBabyandCo.